Nursing Sports Bra – Dedicated to New and Active MomsThere are certain clothes you can wear that actually make a difference. Your favorite shoes, jeans, or dress you can wear all day and still go dancing, the T-shirt that you washed 100 times, and of course, favorite bra. When you are pregnant and after, just about anything that digs into your body in any way feels horrible. So, you’ll need proper and supportive sports nursing bra to get into shape again without unnecessary pain. Finding a breastfeeding-friendly bra that both fit your new body and allow you to feed a baby without actually taking clothes off is often easier to say than done. For many moms, buying nursing sports bras for comfortable workout is challenging sometimes. Fortunately, comfy nursing sports bras do exist, and if you want to exercise at all during breastfeeding, investing in a pair of nursing bras will make life much easier.
How to Choose Right Maternity Sports BraChoosing adequate sports bras for expected moms can be quite tricky and tiresome. Anyhow, there are a few details that will help any nursing mom. These are 3 features that should have every maternity sports bra:
Proper FittingIn case your cup size is a lot bigger during pregnancy, then consider sizing up even more when you purchase a new sports nursing bra. The extra space will be comfier when your breasts fill up with milk. It'll also leave space for nipple pads without compressing nipples or milk ducts. You'll also need that a bigger band size. Since the rib cage widens a lot throughout pregnancy, so you'll probably go up one to two sizes later on.
SupportNursing moms should avoid fancy or light sports bra because you want the best support for “your babies.” Therefore, our bra fitting expert’s team recommends searching for a bra with medium support. Since bras with heavy support are always tough on sensitive nipples.
VersatilityDon’t bother with getting different sports bras for various activities of different intensities. During pregnancy, your breasts will be heavy and dense most of the time. So, choose bra in which you can work out (always consult dedicate doctor before any physical activity) and wear in any occasion.
When is the Best Time for Wearing Nursing Moms Sports Bra?When you pull off the bra and see indentations where the straps and band were, or breasts are spilling out of bra cups, it's time for a new one. Every woman is unique, every pregnancy is different, and breasts will change accordingly to these women preferences. Also, you may find that cup size continues to grow during pregnancy, or breasts might increase in the first trimester and then not grow in size again until the last few months. Therefore, the right time for buying these bras is the beginning of the pregnancy so you may need to buy nursing sports bra several times throughout nine months.
Top 10 Tips for Buying Breastfeeding Sports BraHere are 10 tips that help you choose the best sports bra for pregnancy:
- Pick a bra with cups that are easy to pull on and off with one hand. Why with one hand? Because most of the time your hands will be occupied holding a baby when it’s time to begin feeding,
- Buy a bra that isn’t too tight or too loose,
- It should be made from a soft, breathable material, like cotton. Avoid laced and synthetic fabrics, because cotton is more elastic than synthetic materials,
- A bra should include support panels, wider shoulder strap and back fastenings which are adjustable and supportive for your growing breasts during postpartum or lactation,
- It should be able to cover the full bust, without any “bumps” at the top, bottom or the sides of the cups,
- If the bra straps cut into shoulder line and produce pain and discomfort when you are lactating, it indicates that the bra isn’t fitted right. The shoulder straps should stay in their place without digging in, even when you stretch upper body or arms,
- The nipples should point straight ahead and not point up or lie down while you wear the bra,
- The hook strap at the bra’s back should be in the proper position. It shouldn't be pointing towards the upper back,
- “Skip” underwired or hardwires bras during pregnancy. You may find them digging into the skin at different places, which isn’t comfy feeling at all,
- Before you purchase a bra, always measure your bust and band size. It’ll help you to choose the right fitting bra.