Bra Extender – Small but Powerful Item which Brings More Comfort
Bras are perceived both as women’s best friends and the women’s worst enemies – why is that? A female body is prone to constant changes, and when it comes to that, the bras we used to wear are not suitable anymore. Even though they might have taken a right measurement of their breast size, most women just don’t fit in the standard bra sizes which are available on the market – and that’s another problem women are facing every day. Luckily, contemporary lifestyle brings us small, but useful items which can save our lives when it comes to solving everyday problems. One of that “inventions” is a bra extender, which comes in handy whenever our body goes through a change, or when it’s time to “revive” the old bras which can still serve their purpose. Well, it’s time to meet bra extensions, their use, types, and more exciting stuff you didn’t know about this great product. Let’s get started!
What is a Bra Extender?A bra extender is practically a piece of the elastic material with a couple of metal hooks sewn into it. And it’s quite simple to attach it to your bra – you should put the extender between the hook and the eyelet of the back band, and it will add some extra 1-3 inches to your bra closure. In that way, you’ll feel more relaxed, and the bra will become more comfortable.
What are Bra Extensions Used for?Bra extender can be used for various purposes, and it can make you feel more relieved and more comfortable in your skin. Let’s see the most common situations when bra hook extender can be a real lifesaver:
- Pregnancy – pregnancy is one of the most significant periods in a woman's life. That's a moment when everything changes, from the state of mind to physical transformation which can be tough to handle. Since most women gain some weight and become more sensitive during pregnancy, it’s normal that their bras are not suitable anymore – however, bra extender can save money and nerves by bringing a dose of relief.
- Gaining weight – this is another factor which influences the breast size; when you gain weight for some reason, the old bra might not be that functional. So, why don’t you try attaching a bra back extender? The extra length it gives you will prevent the band from making a side fat, and you’ll feel more comfortable and confident wearing it.
- Retained fluid in your body – during premenstrual symptoms, most women deal with the problem of fluid retention, which usually causes swelling. That lasts for 2 or 3 days, but it can be quite bothering, and bra extender can help a lot during that period.
- Your bras get shrunk – if you tend to dry your bras in a drier, there is a chance that they become smaller. Bra extenders can save them in that case, and you won’t need to buy new ones.
- The bra band is too small – it’s not rare to find a bra whose cups fit you perfectly, while the back band is too small. Instead of throwing it, buy an extender, and enjoy your new undergarment.
What are the Types of Bra Extensions?There are many types of bra extensions you can choose – they come in different colors and number of hooks, and they are quite affordable. However, when buying them, make sure you chose one that matches the bra you want to wear it – for example, if your bra has three hooks, purchase the same extender. Let’s see the most common bra extender types:
Bra extender 2 hookYou must admit that bras with two hooks are the most popular among women. The band is thinner, it matches more outfits, and the best of all is that you can hook it without watching! However, it can cause discomfort sometimes, but it can be fixed, as always – have a look at this bra extender with two hooks:
- WingsLove Lady’s Bra Extender ($6.99): if your new bra is too tight and it causes spillage and discomfort, consider these well-designed and adjustable bra extenders. They're handy for pregnancy and maternity, and they can even make your older bars last longer.
Bra extender 3 hookBra closures with three hooks usually bring more stability and sexiness to any bra. So, if you want to extend the back band of your three-hooked bra, have a look at this extension:
- USA Made 3 Hook Bra Extenders by NuAngel ($8.95): this bra extension comes in three colors – black, white and nude. It provides you with four levels of adjustment, and it adds even 3 inches of length to your back band. It's not made of elastic material, and it won't irritate your skin.
Bra extender 4 hook:Nowadays, a market is full of different bra models and styles which come with four hooks – even though they give you a dose of elegance and sophistication, the bands on those bras are usually short which makes them uncomfortable. But, here comes the solution:
- 4 Hook Women Bra Band Extension ($4.99): this well-designed bra band extender offers more comfort to those women who are in-between sizes or during pregnancy. It’s made of elastic material which makes it flexible and stretchy. Also, you have three options for adjustment.
- 15 Best High-Impact Sports Bra Models for 2021
- Swim Bra Guide
- The Revolution of a Bullet Bra
- Ultimate Guide to Minimizer Bras - 7 Best Models
- How to Fit a Bra Properly Using These 7 Tips
- 6 Most Common Misconceptions About Balconette Bras
- The Best Cooling Bras for Hot Summer Days
- 33 Different Bra Types
- Posture Bra 101
Bra strap extenderHow many times did the bra spoil your amazing backless dress? A lot of times, for sure. If you still don’t see sticky bra as a reliable one, there is another solution for you as well – a bra strap extender. Bra strap extender comes in handy whenever you need to adjust your bra straps so that they match your low tops and backless summer dresses. Nowadays, you can find them in many different colors, sizes, and width and they’re available both in stores and online shops. Also, they’re quite affordable and easy to use. Follow these 3 steps to put low back bra extender to your bra correctly:
- Step 1: Attach the hook end of the strap to the eye closures of your bra.
- Step 2: Wrap the belt around your waist in a crisscross mode.
- Step 3: Adjust the length the way it fits you and attach the hooks of your bra to the eyes of the straps.
- Lady Up Adjustable Low Back Bra Extender ($7.99): with this item, you won’t have to worry about the visible straps on your backless dress or top. Attach them to your bra easily, adjust them to fit your size, and wear your best outfit!
Have a look at these:
- Shoulder Bra Straps Replacement ($8.99): these straps are adjustable and elastic, and their full length is about 19”. You can wear them in various ways – regular, cross back, etc. They’re useful when your new, expensive bra’s straps are not suitable for you and keep causing inconveniences.
DIY Bra ExtenderIf you want to save extra money and express your creativity and sewing skills, there is an activity that can help you do both – 'do it yourself' bra extender. You won’t need a lot of materials, but old bras you’re not wearing anymore, scissors, a string, and a needle – and you'll have a bra extension fast and for free! Here are 3 simple steps you need to follow to make an excellent bra hook extender yourself:
- Step 1: Once you’ve found your old bra, use scissors to remove the hooks and the eye closure from it.
- Step 2: Open up the hook side and put the eye part inside of it. Double check if it’s going to fit with the bra you want to use the extender with.
- Step 3: Sew the hook side and the eye closure using either a sewing machine or string and needle – and good job! You've just made a bra extension!