Top 15 Red Party Dresses to Make You Look Stylish on Every Occasion
Red is an enriching color; it makes you stand out in the crowd. It is so powerful and should suit your personality, and you need to be confident in yourself to wear it.
A theory called the Red Dress Effect tells that you look more attractive and appealing to others when you wear red color than any other. Whatever psychology says, it is still beautiful to see a lady in red.
There are numerous occasions for the red party dress to stand out. For a company party, prom night, a wedding, or a cocktail party – you will undoubtedly look sophisticated in red.
Look at the list of 20 best red party dresses to brighten up your style.
Ignite Evenings Cap Sleeve Sequin Lace Midi Dress (Dillard’s, $129)
This red lace party dress with round neckline and cap sleeves is very flattering. Made of sequin lace with delicate sparkles, Ignite Evenings Cap Sleeve Sequin Lace Midi Dress can be combined with silver strappy high heels and a silver clutch bag to emphasize your elegant evening look.
Dress the Population Bailey Off the Shoulder Body-Con Dress (Nordstrom, $194)
If you want to look sexy and elegant simultaneously, Dress the Population Bailey Off the Shoulder Body-Con Dress is the best choice for you. With the sleeves being off the shoulder in a flirtatious way, you will not go unnoticed.
It will show off your curves in the best way and accentuate your skin tone, especially a darker one, because of the poppy red color. Nude heels and a bag with chain handles are a winning combination.
Asos Design Satin Midi Dress with Batwing Sleeve and Wrap Waist in Red (Asos, $72)
With its long, batwing sleeves, Asos Design Satin Midi Dress with Batwing Sleeve and Wrap Waist in Red will give you a touch of femininity of the ’40s. Shiny satin-style fabric glossy on the surface will make you stand out. Just with the nude bag and shoes, discrete earrings, and makeup, you will amaze everyone.
Betsy & Adam Caped Sheath Dress (Macy’s, $199)
A form-fitting at every point – from your chest to your hips to your hem, Betsy & Adam Caped Sheath Dress is the best option for fall or winter weddings due to its slightly thicker material. An attached cape gives a touch of chic drama together with the ruching in the waist; it is your best friend if you want to hide your tummy.
Combine this unique dress with white pointed-toe kitten heel shoes or black high heel ankle boots, and you are ready for the party!
Related Fashion Readings:
- Top 21 Cocktail Dresses in 2020 and Where to Find Them
- 10 Best Makeup Kits to Doll Up Daily Look in 2021
- 10 Best Women’s Slippers: Get a Walk on Cloud Nine
- Ultimate Guide Through 22 Amazing Gifts for Women
- Ultimate Guide to 10 Best Jeans for Women that Fit Every Figure
- 10 Ultimate Multivitamins for Women to Enrich Every Stage of Life
- 10 Best Running Shoes for Women to Boost Motivation and Energy
- What is the Best Deodorant for Women? The Ultimate List of 10 Remarkable Solutions
Hanpceirs Women’s Cap Sleeve 1950s Retro Vintage Cocktail Swing Dresses with Pocket (Amazon, $12.99-$28.99)
This tea-length vintage dress will make you feel comfortable and confident at the same time. Hanpceirs Women’s Cap Sleeve 1950s Retro Vintage Cocktail Swing Dresses with Pocket is the best to wear with a petticoat for a good flare. Its convenient deep pockets will allow you to walk around with a phone or a smaller wallet.
Thalia Sodi Red Long Sleeve Above The Knee Dress (Overstock, $19.98)
Thalia Sodi Red Long Sleeve Above The Knee Dress is a classic red long sleeve party dress perfect for any occasion. It is simple yet very versatile and can be combined with various accessories. Wear chandelier silver earrings and a matching tone lipstick, and be sure your appearance will not be forgotten. Who says a red party dress should be pricey?
Calvin Klein Women’s Sleeveless Colorblock Sheath Dress (Amazon, $39.73-$129.99)
Calvin Klein Women’s Sleeveless Colorblock Sheath Dress is a red and black party dress with an excellent color combination. Its material allows for different body types to fit comfortably without any stretching or gapping. It hides all the imperfections and makes you look so feminine. Black stilettos would fit perfectly.
Elizabeth K Long Chiffon Formal Dress with Beaded-Lace Applique (Simply Dresses, $179)
long, maxi dresses are always in trend. You will not go wrong with the Elizabeth K Long Chiffon Formal Dress with Beaded-Lace Applique. The dazzling rhinestones make it an eye-catching piece; shimmering details draw the natural waistline while the layers of soft chiffon flow to the floor.
A discrete watch and natural makeup should offer you an elegant look for your prom or other formal events.
Mother Bee Maternity Women’s Knee Length Wrap Dress with Belt (Amazon, $37.99)
Let’s not forget future mothers. Mother Bee Maternity Women’s Knee Length Wrap Dress with Belt is designed to make you feel comfortable and stylish during pregnancy and maternity. Half sleeve, V-neck faux wrap, and a belt will provide you a trendy look on formal dinners, family gatherings, or baby showers.
Add a blazer on top of it, and you will look amazing.
Ralph Lauren Red Sleeveless Knee Length Fit + Flare Dress (Overstock, 44.98)
Ralph Lauren Red Sleeveless Knee Length Fit + Flare Dress is a classic V-neck and knee-length party red dress. It will make you look sophisticated and accentuate your figure even if, according to you, it is not perfect. Embellished with golden cuffs and completed with a black clutch and black shoes, you will look marvelous.
Kensie Blouson Wrap Dress (Macy’s, $98 $49.99)
The true red color of the Kensie Blouson Wrap Dress will stand out. With a boat neckline and tied at the waist, it is the most figure-flattering option. Defining waist for those with pear shape and adding curves with those lacking them is why this type of dress is so popular. Adding the simple strappy nude sandals will make you look so chic.
SheIn Women’s Sexy Sleeveless Strappy Bustier Cami Bodycon Dress (Amazon, $27.99-34.99)
SheIn Women’s Sexy Sleeveless Strappy Bustier Cami Bodycon Dress is the best sexy red party dress indeed. With the adjustable spaghetti straps and burgundy color, not too stretchy material, and the padded breast support, it highlights your curves and certainly draws attention. Select the right underwear to keep its lines hidden; it will ensure your figure’s smooth lines.
Aura It’s Just a Crush Red Velvet Dress (Red Dress, $46)
The only short red party dress on this list, Aura It’s Just a Crush Red Velvet Dress is so flattering to your curves with V-neckline, long sleeves, and side ruching accompanied by a decorative button-loop sequence. It hugs your body like a glove, and the velvet feel on the skin is so soft. It adds a dash of luxury to your evening look. Feel festive and make it chick by wearing a simple black choker necklace and black strappy heels.
VintageClothing Women’s Floral Maxi Dresses Boho Button Up Split Beach Party Dress (Amazon, $28.89-$38.99)
Super comfortable and lightweight, VintageClothing Women’s Floral Maxi Dresses Boho Button Up Split Beach Party Dress is a red and white party dress with floral print. Mad of 100% Rayon, the fabric is so soft and not transparent at all. It is perfect for a summer beach party or a wedding reception; it adds a boho touch to your outfit. You will find it is so fun to wear with a messy bun hairstyle and big hoop earrings to complete your flirty look.
Women’s White Mark Charlotte Dress (Kohl’s, 48.96)
With boatneck, crochet detailing, and silver detailing at neckline, Women’s White Mark Charlotte Dress will catch attention. In combination with silver peep-toe heels and drop earrings you will look seductive and classic at the same time.
How to Wear Red Dresses?
- The right shade of red will compliment your skin. Choosing it depends on your skin tone.
If you have darker skin, the orangey-red will look great. If you are fair, the slightly more pink shade will suit you; and if you are in between, you will probably look good whatever shade you choose.
- Then it would be best if you found the right style for your body type. If you are tall and have an apple body shape, look for longer dresses. If you are petite, try knee-length or shorter. V-neck is generally very flattering for most women.
- A simple, basic dress is always the most versatile because it allows various combinations depending on the occasion. In that case, a knee-length, V-neck, quarter-sleeve looser dress is your best option.
- When adding accessories, keep in mind to minimize them at formal events because you may sometimes look gaudy. If you want to wear metal jewelry, try antique gold or silver. Even white jewelry like a string of white pearls can look great on a V-neck red dress.
For an outdoor event, match the white hat or scarf with the dress. You will look so glamorous.
- Footwear is also an important part of the outfit. You probably will want high heels to pair with your red cocktail dress – stilettos, wedges, or pumps. The best is to match the dress with shoes of neutral color, nude, black, white, or silver. Even with the matching red-tone shoes, you will look stunning.
- Putting the right makeup on is essential. A general rule is that your lipstick should match your dress; try finding the same or similar color as your dress. But if you want to accentuate your eyes, then only nude lipstick is preferred.
Caring for a Red-colored Material
Red-colored material tends to fade and run/bleed, so we must be careful when washing red garments, especially brand new clothes. There are few ways to make our clothes’ original color last longer.
- Turn clothes inside out
- Wash in cold water, it traps dye inside
- Do not use harsh detergents
- Add 1 cup of vinegar (rinse cycle) or salt (wash cycle) to set the dye
- Do not overfill your washer/dryer to reduce friction