10 Best Organic Baby Formulas for Newborns, Infants & Toddlers
The pediatricians recommend breastfeeding as the #1 option for your baby, but not every mom can follow that advice. When about baby feeding supplies, you will look for the best nutritious option making your baby strong and healthy. That’s where the organic baby formula comes in. They are closely monitored by the Food and Drug Administration and follow particular federal guidelines to get the certified stamp.
Giving your baby organic infant milk substitutes is the best option to replace breast milk and provides the child with the necessary nutrients. In this article, we’ll explore all of the options so you can decide which is the best baby formula.
10 Best Organic Formula Reviews in 2021
While there is no ideal formula, these 10 organic baby formulas below are considerably better than the rest.
10. Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Baby Formula – Best Organic Baby Formula for Colic
Enfamil’s Neuro-Pro line is supported by years of research on breast milk and clinical studies around its brain-building nutritional qualities. The formula is the only one that contains a milk fat globule membrane (MFGM), a 3-layered membrane that’s been proven to support brain development. Neuro-Pro Gentlease Baby Formula also includes DHA, proteins and baby probiotics for immune support. Moms like the gentle formula that reduces colic, fussiness, and gas.
- Helps in baby’s growth and formation;
- Supports the baby’s immune system;
- Cares for the baby’s digestive system by providing vitamin A, zinc and prebiotics;
- Contains DHA that aids in developing intelligence and baby vision;
- Formulated for infants with a sensitive stomach as the lactose level has been reduced by almost 20%.
- Lack of prebiotics.
9. Amazon Mama Bear Organic Infant Formula – Best Selling Formula on Amazon
Amazon Mama Bear Organic Infant Formula is suitable from birth up to 12 months. It’s based on organic nonfat cow’s milk, with secondary ingredients such as maltodextrin, corn syrup solids, and 4 oils: palm, soy, coconut, and safflower. This formula contains DHA for brain development and prebiotics for a stronger immune system. These nutrients are also in breast milk. The ingredients are all non-GMO, and it’s proven to support development and growth.
- Amazon’s brand;
- Contains DHA;
- Contains prebiotics;
- Non-GMO ingredients;
- Made in the USA with domestic and imported ingredients.
- Not similar to breast milk.
8. PurAmino Hypoallergenic Baby Formula – Best Hypoallergenic
PurAmino Hypoallergenic Baby Formula is ideal for babies who suffer from food allergies and can’t digest the protein present in cow milk easily. This formula is also suitable for infants with diarrhea, short bowel syndrome, and protein maldigestion problems. It gives them the necessary nutrients while being easy on their tummy. You can use it as the only source of nutrition for a baby until they are 6 months old, and it can be utilized as a supplement for up to 2 years.
- Perfect for children with food and milk allergies;
- Packed with iron and easily digestible;
- Fortified with DHA and ARA to promote brain and eye development in infants;
- Provides all the nutrients that infants and toddlers need;
- Easy to digest.
- Very expensive.
7. Gerber Good Start GentlePro – Best for Newborns
If your little one has tummy problems, consider the Good Start GentlePro from Gerber. It provides the complete nutrition your newborn needs up to 12 months, following the baby’s needs and introducing it to complimentary staged products like veggie purees, the first food fruit and single-grain cereals. Your kid will enjoy everyday comfort, making you satisfied and relieved. Made with lactose as its only sweetening agent, it efficiently avoids the corn syrups. It’s also gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Complete nutrition for infants up to 12 months;
- The only formula with HMO and probiotics;
- Contains expert recommended DHA for brain and eye development;
- Includes all the necessary nutrients and vitamins;
- Promotes a healthy digestive system.
Fresh Moms May Also Like
- 10 Best Baby Detergents for 2021, According to Parents
- 10 Ideal Baby Shampoos for Eczema, Cradles & Bedtime
- 10 Perfect Baby Bottle Warmers for Busy Moms
- Top 10 Bottle Sterilizers (2021) – Reviews, Guide & FAQs
- 10 Best Baby Strollers for City, Jogging & Travel
- 10 Fantastic Infant Car Seats for Your Lifestyle and Wallet
- 15 Best High Chairs for Mess-Free Feedings
- 10 amazing Baby Walkers to Keep Your Baby Safe & Happy
- 15 Super-Quality Baby Gates for Doorways and Stairs
- 10 Terrific Baby Bottles for Gas, Colic and Flux
6. Baby’s Only Organic LactoRelief Toddler
The Baby’s Only Organic LactoRelief Toddler has great qualities for being organic and non-GMO. Still, it’s also excellent for babies with lactose sensitivity. When a little one is sensitive to lactose, many mammas struggle to find a formula that doesn’t cause diarrhea, gassiness, or stomach pain. Having this type of formula in your baby registry gives relief not only to the kid, but it gives the mom peace of mind too.
- Organic and non-GMO, ARA and DHA-derived formula;
- Bundled with essential nutrients and vitamins required by toddlers;
- Convenient for lactose intolerant or lactose sensitive babies;
- Does not contain corn/glucose syrup, hexane process DHA, or palm oil;
- Supports brain and eye development.
- Contains high levels of the milk protein casein, which can be harder to digest for some infants.
5. Earth’s Best Organic Dairy Infant Powder – Best for Infants
This Earth’s Best Organic Baby Formula bears essential nutrients your little one needs to grow and develop a healthy brain, heart, muscles, bones, eyes and teeth. Enriched with iron, it helps the red blood cell to develop. It’s a partially hydrolyzed protein for babies with fussiness and gas, keeping the baby’s stomach calm. This powder has lactose, which is a great source of sweet taste and necessary carbohydrates. Made to empower the baby’s immunity, it’ll make you carefree about its health.
- Containing iron for healthy development;
- Lactose milk-based powder formulation;
- No added corn syrup solids;
- Includes Omega 3 DHA and Omega 6 ARA fatty acids;
- No prohibited synthetic pesticides and fertilizers
- Depending on the baby’s digestion, it can cause constipation.
4. Baby’s Only Dairy with DHA Toddler Formula – Best for Toddlers
Baby’s Only Dairy with DHA Toddler Formula uses organic milk from family farms to provide the protein source. They also don’t have any corn ingredients, processed palm oils, or gluten in the organic formula. And best of all, they don’t have any GMOs. Even in organic baby formulas, a surprising amount of ingredients have their basis or at least a connection to a GMO product.
- Ideal for infants prone to acid reflux;
- You can combine it with breastmilk;
- It’s affordable, particularly when bought in bulk;
- The nutritional value is tough to compare when it comes to similar products;
- Uses DHA & ARA derived from organic egg phospholipids – supports brain and eye development.
- If you don’t measure the scooped formula correctly, it can constipate your kid.
3. Happy Baby Organic Sensitive Formula – Best Natural Baby Formula
This formula contains the prebiotics present in breast milk and delivers enough nutrition for birth till they reach the age of one year. It comes in a lightweight square container that makes it easy to store. Happy Baby Organic Sensitive Formula is made specifically for babies with sensitive stomachs, to provide them with all-round nutrition with reduced lactose to ease fussiness and gas.
- Corn syrup and gluten not present;
- Non-GMO product;
- Babies can digest it easily;
- Formulated for babies with sensitive tummies;
- 4X More Prebiotics than most other organic infant formula.
- Some parents don’t approve of DHA.
2. Happy Baby Infant – Best Non-GMO Baby Formula
The Happy Baby Organic Infant Formula is modeled after breast milk: it contains milk from organic dairy farms keeping your little one close to nature. The dual prebiotics works identically to prebiotics in breast milk, promoting healthy gut bacteria in infants. The unique, organic recipes continuously develop to improve the formula quality and perfectly match your child’s age and stage. The handy, square container makes storage and packing simple. This formula features one of the highest levels of prebiotics on the market.
- Dual prebiotics;
- Without corn syrup solids;
- Contains organic lactose;
- Included DHA and ARA abundant with Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids;
- Generous with Calcium, Phosphorus, Copper, Iron, Vitamins C and D, Folic Acid, and Choline.
- Fishy smell.
1. Similac Organic – Best Overall Organic Baby Formula
Made with organic lactose, the Similac Organic contains the organic A2 milk protein offering complete, gentle nutrition necessary from birth to 12 months. It contains no palm oil or artificial growth hormones, making it a perfect substitute from the first baby’s days. The high-quality DHA, lutein and vitamin E blend get it close to breast milk. This is the best organic baby formula for immune support. If your little one has a sensitive stomach, you may want to consider the product.
- Enhanced with organic lactose;
- Containing A2 milk protein;
- No palm oil and artificial growth hormones;
- Not GMO and gentle to digest;
- Certified USDA organic.
- Contains sugar.
How to Choose Best Organic Infant Formula
Follow these five tips for choosing the best organic baby formula.
- Look for the blend containing proportions similar to breast milk. It means you should choose the formula with lactose in the base, including probiotics and prebiotics, for a calm and satisfied baby and parents. It has to provide fats, carbohydrates, and proteins your baby needs daily.
- Choose accessible mixtures. It can be stressful to pick the blend you can not buy every time you need it and go a long way to purchase food for your hungry baby. Check the products you can find at the nearest store and buy them anytime.
- Avoid carrageenan, soy and palm oil. Affecting inflammation, bone density, brain development, and immunity can also harm a baby’s health and cause many troubles later.
- Avoid plastic containers. If your favorite formula comes in plastic bowls, consider BPA-free, so safe for your child’s health.
- Look after acceptable sweeteners like lactose and maltodextrin. It may cause high costs, but a baby’s health comes in front of the money.
There are 3 main types of formula.
- Cow’s milk formula makes the protein more easily digestible and is the most prevalent formula on the market;
- Soy formula is a vegan solution that’s only recommended by physicians in rare situations, like when the baby is allergic to the protein in cow’s milk;
- The specialized formula delivers sustenance for children with specific needs, such as premature babies or babies with a high risk of developing allergies.
The organic baby formula may have many advantages, including:
- Organic blends mimic the nutritional profile of breast milk, making the little body grows and develops unhindered. It features an organic oil blend that contains many of the fatty acids found in breast milk;
- The additional whey found in many organic formulas makes the protein structure more similar to breast milk proportions;
- Added probiotics and prebiotics empower the immune system as the breast milk properties do;
- Including the essential nutrients and meeting the prescribed standards, the organic mixture ensures there are no harmful substances you put into the baby’s bottle;
- Natural ingredients are the best cure for allergies.
It is precisely what its name says: the mixture of high-quality, organic substances encouraging your baby’s growth and development. It contains:
- No preservatives or synthetic chemicals;
- No artificial colors;
- No pesticide residue;
- No genetically modified organisms;
- No growth hormones;
- No potentially toxic ingredients;
- No pesticides;
- No sugar additives ;
- No BPA.
It is a nutritional bomb giving your baby all the necessary vitamins and minerals it needs to thrive.
- Containing long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and oligosaccharides, a natural mixture encourages a healthy gut balance, making the digestion highly efficient;
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 empower the brain, eye and nerve development, decreasing the risks of anxiety and depression in your child later;
- Incorporated probiotics and prebiotics provide getting enough protein, keeping your baby’s brain, skin and lungs healthy;
- The vitamin E, amino acids, and L-carnitine ensure the fatty acids are efficiently transformed into energy.
The organic blend contains no artificial substances harmful to the baby’s health. It is made of natural ingredients mimicking the breast milk properties, which is essential for your baby to become strong and healthy. The non-organic formulas feature added sugars, palm oil, and soy in the base.
The major baby organic brands are Similac, Gerber Good Start, Happy Baby, Earth’s Best, and Enfamil. They are safe to use and will meet your baby’s basic nutritional needs.