15 Best High Chairs for Mess-Free Feedings
At an eye blink, your baby becomes a toddler ready to graduate to solid food. When it comes to the first feedings, you realize you can get aids to facilitate the whole process, and the baby high chair will find its place on your baby list. Your little one will enjoy the comfortable feeding experience, and you will be happy to have a hassle-free mealtime with your family.
In a bunch of possibilities, you look for the solution meeting your needs. It means you should pick the one that makes feeding pleasant, safe and fun. You will appreciate the cleanable model saving your enthusiasm and time for playing with your little one and meeting safety standards, making you confident. When the essential criteria are satisfied, consider your family’s budget, home-style, and specific purposes before making the final selection.
We’ve scoured the market to find out what to look for in baby high chairs, consider the existing types and take a closer look at Amazon’s most prominent models in our comprehensive high chair reviews. Here’s a breakdown of the models of high chairs for babies available:
|Graco Table2Table||$164.00||Best for twins|
|Heao||$169.99||Best for travel|
|Excellante||$52.98||Best wooden baby table chair|
|Joovy Foodoo||$179.99||Best adjustable newborn chair|
|Chicco Polly Progress||$149.99||Best with stool configuration|
|Ronbei||$159.99||Best rotatable high chair|
|Primo Tot Deluxe||$99.99||Smallest high chairs for girls|
|Summer Pop ’n Sit||$49.99||Best compact high chair|
|Evolur Zoodle||$119.98||Meeting ASTM f-833-18|
|Delta Children||$39.99||Best high chair for small spaces|
|Cosco||$38.99||Best collapsible high chairs for a baby on the road|
|Keekaroo||$124.97||Best lifetime choice|
|HM-Tech||$139.99||Best wooden design bearing a modernistic touch|
|Boon Flair Pedestal Highchair||$249.00||The best option with a pneumatic lift|
|Stokke High Chair||$399.00||Best trip trapp high solution|
15. Graco Table2Table – Best Convertible High Chair for Twins ($164.00)
When your little ones become toddlers ready to switch to solid foods, look for the convertible Graco Table2Table. It will grow with your babies from the early feeding stages to the chair for your big independent child. Features recline for first feedings, then easily converts into an infant booster, toddler booster chair and toddler chair for the baby joining the family’s table and a toddler-sized table. The foldable design allows you to store it when not in use and quickly assemble it when you need to feed your babies.
- Convenient for twins
- Grows with baby from early feeding stages
- Features recline for first feedings
- 7-in-1 convertible design
- Works as a toddler-sized table and the chair for the big child
- Foldable design
- Quickly to assemble
- Not to big table range
14. Heao – Best Portable Baby High Chairs ($169.99)
The multi-functional Heao fits many different purposes. The removable tray liner is easy to clean, so you can let your baby enjoy the meal and learn to eat independently. A 5-setting baby recliner makes it convenient for early feedings or taking a nap after a meal. Adjustable height levels keep track of baby growth, while 3-settings footrest lifts baby’s feet gently, making the sitting comfortable and safe. The cushioned seat is easy to clean if it comes to staining, so you can allow your little one to enjoy the meal on its own.
- Removable tray liner for easy cleaning
- 5-setting baby recliner
- Convenient for taking a nap after feedings
- Adjustable height levels
- Feet support
- Double restraint system
- 5-point safety harness
- Stable, sturdy and anti-rust aluminum alloy frame
- Spacious seat
- Brake release button for preventing unexpected incidents
- Moving around smoothly thanks to the indoor stroller
- Comfortable and safe
- The straps can be skid
13. Excellante – Best Wooden High Chair ($52.98)
If you are more into natural materials, consider the wooden Excellante. Made of high-quality, durable rubberwood, it is perfect for your baby enjoying meals at your table. You can assemble it quickly and keep your baby safe, thanks to the nylon safety harness. Mahagony finish fits every interior, giving your home a rustic touch. Non-slip rubber pads make you confident about unexpected incidents, keeping your little one safe.
- High-quality, durable rubber-wood
- Non-skid rubber pads on legs
- Nylon safety harness
- Mahagony finish
- Simple to assemble
- Safe and comfortable
- Not convenient for the small children
12. Joovy Foodoo – Best Height Adjustable High Chair ($179.99)
Varying in height from 36.5 to 41.75 inches, the adjustable Joovy Foodoo will work for you from the early baby developing stages to the time your little one becomes a toddler. You can choose from 5 different recline and 2 footrest positions in order to make comfortable support for the petite body. The detachable one-hand tray opening and soft, leatherette cleanable seat facilitate the disinfection process. The included mesh pocket on the seatback is perfect for storing necessities you may need during the feedings.
- Varying in height
- 5 recline positions
- 2 footrest positions
- Comfortable support
- Detachable, soft one-hand tray
- Soft, leatherette cleanable seat
- Mesh pocket on the seatback for more storage space
- Features wheels only on the front, making it harder to move around
11. Chicco Polly Progress – Best Toddler High Chair with Stool Configuration (was $199.99; now $149.99)
The full-featured Chicco Polly Progress quickly converts into youth stool when your baby becomes a little man sitting on its own. Your baby will enjoy a soft, fuss-free seat from the first feedings, and you will be able to clean it up effortlessly between meals. The sizeable detachable tray works with one-hand removal and adjusts easily. You can fold-away the armrests and let your baby join your table. When you do not need it, store it for more roomy playing ground.
- Enhanced with stool configuration
- Works for your from the first feedings
- Soft, fuss-free seat
- Sizeable detachable tray for easy clean
- Foldable armrests
- Perfect as a youth stool
- Easy to store
- The wheels do not lock
Notable Recommendations for Busy Moms:
- Breast Pumps That Won’t Let You Down: 10 Best Manual Solutions
- Gain Comfort and Safety for Your Baby: 10 Best Baby Cribs
- Improve Your Lifestyle and Budget: 10 Best Infant Car Seats
- Top 10 Best Baby Bottles for Gas, Colic and Flux
- Turn Very First Steps into Adventure: 10 Best Baby Walkers
- Achieve Less Stressful & More Restful Parenting Nights: 10 Best Baby Monitors
- Keep Your Baby Entertained & Your Hands Relieved: 10 Best Baby Swings
- Precise Fever Detection: 10 Best Baby Thermometer
- Keep Curious Crawlers Safe: 10 Best Baby Gates
- Explore an Amazing Flavoring World: 10 Best Baby Food Makers
- Achieve Full Flavors: 7 Best Baby Food Hand Grinders
- Eliminate Germs from the Baby Bottle: 10 Best Bottle Sterilizers
10. Ronbei – Best Rotatable High Chair for Baby ($159.99)
With rotatable Ronbei, you do not have to worry about moving around – you can feed your little one in the same place by pressing the button. You can adjust the footrest and tray height to make the baby sit in a relaxed position. The chair legs are elevated with rubber pads, making the chair stable and non-skid. A 5-point harness does not restrict the baby’s mobility. Made of durable and lightweight materials, it will grow with your baby, keeping it secure.
- 360 degrees rotatable seat by a press of a button
- Do not have to move around
- Adjustable footrest and tray height
- Elevated with rubber pads, making the chair stable and non-skid
- 5-point harness
- Durable and lightweight materials
- Convertible from a high chair to a toddler booster to a kids chair
- Water-resistant design
- The tray is not machine-washable
9. Primo Tot Deluxe – Best Foldable High Chair ($99.99)
The Primo tot deluxe comes as a treasure for small rooms with no extra space for an assembled high chair. You can fold it out quickly to only 9 inches, making it perfect for travelings and storage. A detachable double feeding tray is dishwasher safe, making it easier to clean and disinfect. The ultra-modern design fits perfectly every interior, and when not used as a high chair, use it as a toddler chair.
- Comfortable, ergonomic seat
- 3-point safety harness
- Space-saving compact design
- Foldable to 9 inches wide
- Convertible into a toddler chair
- The machine-washable double feeding tray
- Travel convenient
- Only 3-point harness
8. Summer Pop ’n Sit – Best Compact Baby Feeding Chair ($49.99)
If you are looking for the best bargain, check out the Summer Pop ’n Sit. Elevated with a pop and fold design, it is perfect for indoor and outdoor use. The removable, machine-washable material makes things straightforward when staining, making the feeding process stressless. The package includes a rucksack, making it easy to carry around and enjoy the meals in nature with your kid in a stable seat.
- Pop-and-fold design
- Convenient for indoor and outdoor use
- Easy cleanup
- Removable, machine-washable fabric
- 3-point harness
- Storage bag for travel
- Includes a rear storage pocket
- Convenient for young children
7. Evolur Zoodle – Most Safest High Chair ($119.98)
Meeting ASTM f-833-18 standards, the Evolur Zoodle takes care of your baby’s safety first. It features a five-point safety harness enhanced with a padded shoulder belt cover, so you don’t have to worry your little one will slip out. The non-skid feet make it stable, while the durable, padded seat offers comfort. The post-meal mess will vanish by cleaning with warm, soapy water. An adjustable double feeding tray and two footrests keep track of your baby’s growth, and you can easily convert it into a toddler chair when your little one becomes independent.
- Bears maximum safety (meets ASTM f-833-18 standards, 5-point safety harness, padded shoulder belt cover, non-skid feet)
- The adjustable double feeding tray
- Two adjustable footrests
- Stylish design
- Removable cushion and seat cover as well as a dual tray
- Made of sturdy beechwood and hygienic food grade PP
- Available in different colors
- You can find the feeding tray a bit harder to insert
6. Delta Children – Best Easy-to-Assemble Baby Chairs (was 49.99; now $39.99)
When you need a quickly mounting without any tool required, the practical Delta Children will work for you. The mealtime becomes a breeze: it features everything you need to set it up in minutes, feed your little one and fold it quickly for easy storage. The durable steel frame is enhanced with a hand-washable seat pad for easy maintaining. Featuring a three-point safety harness and meeting ASTM and CPSC standards, it brings safety your child needs when kicking and bouncing.
- No tools required
- Comfortable and hand-washable seat pad
- 3-position adjustable tray and 3-point adjustable safety harness
- Durable, steel frame
- Compact, foldable design
- The footrest is not adjustable
5. Cosco – Best Collapsible High Chairs ($38.99)
The collapsible Cosco will come as a treasure when you need a kids high chair on the go. It is tailored to be compact in foldable and fits into every trunk when you are on the move. You can easily postpone it when you finish with a meal, making it space-efficient. The high-quality fabrics make the cleaning process straightforward for you, saving you time and energy. The minimalistic design doesn’t mean a lack of quality: this chair is full-featured, with an adjustable tray and built-in cup holder.
- Compact and lightweight, so perfect on the go
- Foldable and space-efficient
- Quick and easy setup
- Easy to clean with a wet cloth
- Built-in cup holder
- 3-position harness
- Comfortable leg rest
- The seat pad can not be detached for machine-washing
4. Keekaroo – Best Lifetime Modern High Chair ($124.97)
The best thing about the Keekaroo is you can not overgrow it! Whether you seek the best high chairs for your little one or the lifetime model working for adults, it is made to meet your specific needs. The JPMA certified chairs feature a sturdy concrete base offering maximum safety and comfort for a relaxing seating experience. The foot and seat plates are designed to create a massive, suitable posture chair for adults.
- Lifetime model
- JPMA certified
- Sturdy, solid base
- Maximum safety and comfort
- Adjustable and convertible foot and seat plates
- Great for posture
- Easy to assemble
- Made of high-quality materials
- Some reviewers find the tray is small
3. HM-Tech – Best Wood High Chair for Babies with Modernistic Touch ($139.99)
If you are looking after stylish design elevated with a rustic touch, check out the modernistic HM-Tech. Its modernity bears safety, making it your favorite feeding assistant. The precious moments when stains disappear fast and easily make you relieved during the messy feedings. Your little one will enjoy the high-backed chair with a wide and thick armrest that offers maximum comfort and make your baby calm for a long.
- Safe and stylish
- Cushioned with soft leather
- Wide and thick armrest
- High back for more comfort
- Easy to clean
- Spacious and machine-washable removable double tray
- CPSC certified
- Removable safety harness and strap
- Adjustable footrest and beech legs
- Non-slip pads on the legs
- Quick to assemble
- Can be hard to move around
2. Boon Flair Pedestal Highchair – Best Child High Chair with Pneumatic Lift ($249.00)
The Boon high chair will make the gliding in all directions smooth and easy. A sturdy five-point harness will keep your baby safe, making sitting more comfortable without movement restriction. Including one machine-washable tray liner, the sleek and smooth materials make the cleaning process incredibly quick and easy, allowing you to enjoy in baby’s first meals without worries about smudging. When it comes to adjusting the height, press the base button to pick the accurate position fitting your table.
- Pneumatic lift offers precise height picking
- Glides smoothly in all directions
- Five-point harness
- Included safety post
- One machine-washable tray liner
- Smooth and sleek surfaces for quick and easy clean
- Fits small places
- Weight limit up to 50 lbs
1. Stokke High Chair – Best Trip Trapp High Chairs ($399.00)
The iconic Stokke never goes out of style – the beechwood unites the classics and functionality, making the feeding process straightforward to you and comfortable for your kid. Supporting your little one’s back and feet, it bears extra safety and comfort thanks to the 5-point harness and extended gliders. The high-quality natural material makes it durable and nice-looking, so your baby will enjoy the benefits the chair provides beyond childhood. The understated finishes and simplicity fit right into almost every home.
- High-quality natural material
- United classics and functionality
- Back and feet support
- Extra safety
- Extended gliders
- Durable and stylish
- Understated finishes
- Fits perfectly at most kitchen tables
- Does not leave scratches on hardwood floors
- Most expensive option on the list
How to Choose?
- Safety – It is the key when selecting a high chair for your little one. Consider the model includes the comfortable buckling seat straps, and do not forget to use them. We recommend choosing the JPMA certified items – they bear all necessary safety features making you confident.
- Functionality – Look for the model including a tray to facilitate the feeding process, allow your baby to learn to feed on its own and boost the safety features. The built-in wheels make the moving around straightforward, and wheel brakes will keep the chair in place despite the baby’s bouncing. You will be thankful to get a space-saving, foldable option that grows with your baby and keeps your playing ground roomy.
- Comfort – Choose the cushioned seat pad and adjustable footrests to ensure coziness. Keep in mind your little one has to stay seated for a certain period, and you want it to feel comfortable and calm.
- Easy-to-clean – The baby feedings always come with a mess, so a cleanable and machine-washable item will save your energy and time. You can pick models bearing a wiped cleaning design and including an extra tray, facilitating the cleaning process. The latest update in high chairs trays takes out the tray pops for cleaning in a dishwasher or sink.
- Available kitchen space – Check the area it takes when assembled and disassembled or folded, and consider the tray’s spaciousness. The small kitchen requires having an easy-to-fold, little chair, and you will be thankful to pack it effortlessly when it comes to getting on the road.
- Tray’s spaciousness – The spacious trays offer more room allowing your baby to explore the feeding world in comfort and keeping it safe from sudden fallings.
- Longevity – Consider how long you will need it. You can pick the model convenient for different ages, but we want to emphasize models suitable for 0-6 years old. Look for high chairs that grow with your baby, converting from an infant seat to a toddler booster to a kids chair. Check out our list to find the model that converts from an infant high chair to an adult seat easily, bearing durability and multi-functionality.
- Portability – It is vital for on-the-go families from the early baby feeding stages. Portable models are foldable, easy to pack and lightweight, but perfect for everyday use indoors, too.
- Design – Since it will be a part of your interior for a long time, look for a high chair fitting your home design.
- Adjustability – Adjustable models offer more comfort and allow you to adapt the seat baby’s particular needs.
Safety Tips to Remember
- Choose a wide, stable footprint. It will enable the baby to tip the chair over when the little bouncer becomes stronger.
- Sturdy legs with a not-too-wide set come as a major steal for parents. They decrease the tripping hazard and make moving around the kitchen more straightforward.
- Check out the height and weight recommendations. Follow them to ensure your baby is safe – guidelines are here for a reason!
- Do not forget to buckle your baby up. It will prevent the baby’s slipping out and ensure your little one is out of danger.
- Look for the wheel brakes and make sure they are applied when you are away to enable your baby to explore the kitchen when you are away.
- Keep your eye on your little one while in the chair no matter what. You want to minimize the choking or toppling possibility.
- Make a safe distance from the baby chair to the table and other edges. Ensure your little one is not able to cause an unexpected topple by stretching its legs.
- Fold and unfold the chair carefully. Ensure every hook is appropriately attached to avoid sudden disassembly.
Types of High Chairs
Based on Materials
- Wooden: Classics and functionality never go out of style, making the wooden models fit almost every home. You can pick a traditional design and features, or look for the models bearing modern impulses like adjustable height, reclining seats and easy foldability for storage.
- Plastic: They feature a lightweight, modern design you can easily clean up. Offering foldability, plastic ones are portable and easy to store, making them perfect companions in small kitchens and on the go. They are the most budget-friendly options.
- Metal: They are similar to plastic models in most features, but havier when compared in weight. Bearing portability on wheels and an easy fold for storage, they work entirely indoors and offer more stability.
Based on Features
- Full-featured: They are multi-functional so that they can work as baby high chairs, cradles and swings, can be used with a feeding tray or as a baby seat allowing your little one to enjoy meals with the rest of the family or for taking a nap after a hearty meal. An adjustable seat with recline, stashable table and casters for mobility make it your perfect partner when it is about feeding your kiddo. The built-in bells and whistles keep your kid entertained for longer
- Portable clip-on: They are leg-less, clasping securely on to most tables, making a sturdy, safe seat for your little one almost anywhere on the go.
- Booster: If your home features no space needed for a high chair, a booster comes as a treasure. You can easily strap it onto one of your dining chairs without pedestals and tools required. When your child gets ready, you can move the boosting prosthesis and pull your baby right up to the family table.