Easy Baby Cleaning: 8 Best Baby Wipes for Face, Hands and Diaper Area
Sometimes choosing the best baby wipes for your infant can be overwhelming. With an endless choice of wipes brands and types in any grocery store and online, the proper selection can be frustrating.
Frustrating or not, they are essentials in your nursery, in a diaper bag, and in your car. They make a diaper change much easier and more comfortable. Alongside diapers, they are a household necessity for cleaning bottoms and dirty hands, drooling chins, and even removing your makeup at the end of the day.
Some of the most famous baby wipes brands include Pampers, Huggies, Babyganics, Seventh Generation, The Honest Company, Water Wipes, Mama Bear, Aveeno, Water Wipes, Earth and Eden, and many, many others. But when googling, conduct thorough research and do not be afraid to read baby wipe reviews from other parents, too.
How to Buy the Best Baby Wipes for Your Little One?
- Firstly, check if your baby has some skin condition, like allergy, eczema, or just has sensitive skin. Then you need to use hypoallergenic, fragrance-free baby wipes because some ingredients in scented wipes may irritate your baby’s delicate skin. So, you might want to start with a small package to see a reaction and check the label for the ingredients—fewer ingredients-less chance to trigger a reaction.
- The age of the baby also plays an important role in a baby wipe selection. Parents know that a newborn’s poop is not the same as a toddler’s poop. When your infant starts eating solid food, you will need a thicker wipe; the best is one with a little bit of a texture on it. When you use a thin wipe, it tends to curl up in a ball, so the messes end up on your hands. You probably want to avoid that.
- If you are concerned about the environment, then you will want to look for biodegradable baby wipes or ones made of sustainable sources like organic bamboo. Another option is to use cloth wipes, which are reusable and machine washable. Keep in mind not to flush disposable baby wipes because of the potential to cause a problem with your plumbing.
- When talking about budget, the best deal on baby wipes is buying a “jumbo” pack. Although it may seem expensive, the easiest way to get the right price is to calculate the cost per wipe. Brand or branded: the choice is only yours. Just be open-minded, and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of a cheap pack you bought.
Do Baby Wipes Expire?
When it comes to an expiration date, baby wipes technically do not have an expiration date. But you must appropriately store them to retain their moistness. Unopened and undamaged pack of baby wipes can be saved for up to 30 months and still do their job, especially if you keep them in a cool and dry place.
But if your pack of baby wipes dry out and you need them in the case of emergency, just pour water slowly over them. They will rehydrate and are ready to use.
8 Best Baby Wipes
Now let us look at some baby wipe reviews in 8 different categories; hoping this list will help you choose.
1. Best Wipes for Newborns – Water Wipes Unscented Baby Wipes ($42.99 for 720 wipes)
Pediatricians recommend using cotton wool and water for cleaning your newborn or Water Wipes Unscented Baby Wipes. Made of only 2 ingredients – purified water and a grapefruit seed extract, these wipes are fantastic for the newborn’s sensitive skin. Without harmful additives, alcohol, formaldehyde, and fragrances, these wipes are approved by the National Eczema Association, making these wipes the best nontoxic baby wipes. Some parents note that they are very durable, soft, and gentle, even on premature skin. But there is no need to stockpile them because made without preservatives; they are prone to develop mold.
Size: 6.7″ x 6.7″
2. Best Unscented Baby Wipes – The Honest Company Unscented Baby Wipes ($42.49 for 720 wipes)
Avoiding the common irritants in making The Honest Company Unscented Baby Wipes is the best way to create excellent quality baby wipes. They are durable, thick, and large enough to cover the hand for mess-free cleaning. Wipes contain 99% water infused with Cucumber, Pomegranate Fruit Extract, Licorice Root Extract, and Chamomile Extract for the best natural experience. They are made of plant-based renewable materials without alcohol, parabens, fragrances, and chlorine.
Size: 7.1″ x 8″
Readings you may also find useful:
- 10 Best Baby Diapers to Keep your Baby Dry and Comfortable During Daytime & Overnight
- 10 Best Baby Lotions to Nourish, Moisturize & Soothe Gentle Skin
- Top 10 Best Baby Bottles for Gas, Colic & Flux
- 10 Best Manual Breast Pumps That Won’t Let You Down
- 10 Perfect Baby Bottle Warmers for Busy Moms
- Top 10 Bottle Sterilizers (2021) – Reviews, Guide & FAQs
- 15 Best High Chairs for Mess-Free Feedings
- 10 Best Baby Bathtubs, Bath Seats and Supports for Comfortable and Safe Bath
- 15 Best Baby Books to Read to Your Little Ones in 2021
- 10 Best Baby Formulas to Provide Proper Nutrition and Development of a Healthy Baby
3. Best Organic Baby Wipes – Doctor’s Butler Organic Soothing Baby Wipes ($12.95 for 60 wipes)
Made of organic bamboo cloth, reasonably large and thick, Doctor’s Butler Organic Soothing Baby Wipes soothe and moisturize with every use. They contain organic Rosemary Oil Extract, Calendula Extract, Chamomilla Extract, Oat Straw Extract, and Vitamin E. All these natural ingredients work well with sensitive skin and can be used every day, as often as needed. They have manufactured alcohol, preservatives, parabens, lanolin, and phenols-free wet wipes. Unlike other baby wipes that smell slightly chemical, these wipes smell natural; moms say something floral.
Material: Organic Bamboo Fiber
Size: 8″ x 7″
4. Best Baby Wipes for Sensitive Skin – Pampers Sensitive Water Baby Wipes ($14.99 for 576 wipes)
Free of alcohol, dyes, parabens, phenoxyethanol, artificial fragrances, and other possible irritants. Pampers Sensitive Water Baby Wipes are durable – do not break so easily and retain moisture for a very long time. Rich in Castor Oil and Aloe Vera Leaf Juice Extract, customers say they do not leave any residue behind. The scent is very light. Balancing pH formula helps in the protection of the baby’s sensitive skin.
Material: Regenerated Cellulose/Polyester
Size: 7″ x 6.8″
5. Best Affordable Baby Wipes – Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Wipes ($11.83 for 528 wipes)
When your budget is limited, sometimes you need to find the cheapest package available on the market. But as we said before, the only way to make the best deal on baby wipes is to calculate the cost per single wipe. Eventually, you will come to Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Wipes. They contain no harsh ingredients like alcohol, lotions, fragrances, chlorine, and artificial dyes. They appear so soft and moist, enriched with Vitamin E and Aloe Vera. They pretty much do not have any scent, as many parents said. Wipes are recognized by the National Eczema Association.
Material: Wood Pulp/Polypropylene
Size: 6.6″ x 7.7″
6. Best Biodegradable Baby Wipes – Mum & You Biodegradable Baby Wipes ($16.99 for 336 wipes)
When worried about our planet Earth, you will want to use Mum & You Biodegradable Baby Wipes. They are free of plastic, made of naturally derived fibers. Wipes are hypoallergenic, certified vegan, and cruelty-free, so they are suitable for sensitive skin or skin prone to eczema. 99.5% of its ingredients are natural. They do not contain any artificial fragrances, are soft and sturdy with the right amount of moisture. Many moms say they clean up the mess well without using too many of them. They decompose 4-6 weeks after throwing them away.
Material: Wood Fibre (Viscose)
Size: 6.88″ x 6.10″
7. Best Wipes for Toddlers – Seventh Generation Baby Wipes ($29.94 for 768 wipes)
These Alcohol, Fragrance, Paraben, and Phenoxyethanol-free baby wipes are gentle to the baby’s face, hands and bottom. They are thick, soft, and safe for even sensitive skin. Enriched with Vitamin E and Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, they provide thorough cleaning mainly because of the quilted pattern. The flip-top lid is so convenient and easy to open with one hand when you need to change an impatient toddler. The cover also makes them moist and prevents drying out.
Material: Wood Pulp/Polyethylene/Polypropylene
Size: 7.4″ x 6.7″
8. Best Cloth Wipes – OsoCozy Flannel Baby Wipes ($9.99 for 15 wipes)
If you are used to a cloth-diapering system, then using cloth wipes will be another convenience. OsoCozy Flannel Baby Wipes are made of 100% cotton flannel so soft for your baby’s skin. The fabric feels softer each time you wash it. They absorb very well, better than disposable ones. Because they do not contain any harmful substances, they are better for sensitive skin, rashes, irritations, and even eczema-prone skin. You can soak them in clean, warm water only, avoiding the irritants. They are thin, so they are getting in baby’s crevices and cracks very easily. They are washable and reusable so that you may save a lot of money on wipes. After the potty training, some parents use them instead of toilet paper or cloth in a household.
Material: Cotton Flannel
Size: 8″ x 8″