Top 10 Best Baby Walkers to Keep Your Baby Safe & Entertained
When your curious, clumsy toddler starts to explore the world on its own feet, it needs some support to develop balance and take control of the body. That is where the best baby walkers come in. The first, impressive steps require some backup until the child’s muscles become strong enough to make it hold up alone. It takes time for a baby to achieve getting around with ease, and the walker for infants is designed to give them an impulse to form a sense of standing and walking.
It is impressive how quickly a little toddler becomes a sprinter, so you should consider the best solution for your baby, home, and needs to keep the child safe. Let’s discover what to look for in the best walker for a baby, consider the differences between available styles, and get a closer look at some of Amazon’s most prominent items in our comprehensive baby walkers reviews.
Best Baby Walker of 2021 at a Glance
|Caterpillar & Friends||24.6 x 19.1 x 7.5 inches||6 months and up|
|Little Balance Box 2-in-1||14 x 14 x12 inches||depends on the baby’s coordination development|
|Janod||15.6 x 13.5 x 21.3 inches||12-36 months|
|Delta Children||825.98 x 29.53 x 25.2 inches||6 months and up|
|Lonion I Baby||26 x 18.5 inches||6-18 months|
|Joovy Spoon||18 x 25.5 x 27.75 inches||6 months and up|
|Kolcraft Tiny Steps||26.0 x 24.0 x 32.5 inches||6 months and up|
|Vtech Sit to Stand Learning Walker||16.5 x 14.2 x 18.1 inches||9-36 months|
|Labebe||16.34 x 12.6 x 18.31 inches||12 months and up|
|Bright Starts||28.5 x 25.0 x 17.70 inches||6 months and up|
10. Caterpillar & Friends – Best Small Baby Walker
If you are looking for a small sit-in baby walker, the Caterpillar and Friends is a perfect option. It is designed to encourage the child’s independent, adventurous spirit. A significant elliptical frame elevates the sturdy platform, making it impact resistant. Intended to deliver more support, the high-back seat keeps the head from falls backward.
Adjustable height positions make the child walker follow the baby’s growth, making it convenient for long time use. It is easy to assemble, cleanable, and the detachable seat pad is machine-washable. Bright colors beautify attractive toy station. When your tot gets tired of walking, pull out an engaging activity center and let the baby discover funny melodies by activating lights and music with numbered piano keys on the floor.
- Extra comfy seat with additional support
- Removable toy station
- Baby-activated music and lights
- Sturdy frame
- Unique frame shape for more safety
- Adjustable height positions
- Easy to assemble
- Machine-washable seat pad
- Stationary back wheels
- Made of plastic
9. Little Balance Box 2-in-1 – Best Walker for Baby without Wheels
Featuring no wheels, the Little Balance Box comes as a treasure for houses with lots of stairs. It secures the baby can not speed up and fly over quickly. The walker’s feet are loaded with springs, allowing moving up and down safely. The top surface is made of transparent polycarbonate, making it very strong and incredibly resistant to cracks and breakage. This model meets and exceeds the safety standards prescribed in the US, Canada and Europe, ensuring you can give it to your child with confidence.
No music, no toys – but it stands out in the crowd for its simple functionality and keeping the little body balanced. Allowing natural unrestricted mobility, a sit to stand walker is perfect for learning to walk with optimal child development and pulling up from sitting to standing. Pushing makes the muscles strengthen, improving the process of a child’s physical development. The complete top table offers enough room for playing with children’s toys or for having a snack.
- No wheels
- Meets and exceeds the prescribed safety standards
- Simple functionality
- The large surface area accommodates children’s hands and forearms for better control
- Delivers extra stability
- Made of eco-friendly bamboo, making it BPA and PVC free
- Adults’ assistance needed
- No toys and music
8. Janod – Best Baby Activity Walker
The amazing Janod comes as a walking aid that delivers fun. Vibrant with color and enhanced with a playing table full of buttons and activities, it is a great choice to keep your baby on track with full sensory development. The included game pretends the mouse and fish are on the run, making the walking process more enjoyable.
Four silent rubber wheels allow your child to roll all over the house without scratching the floors. A removable brake efficiently locks the wheels, making it possible to adjust the speed. Crafted according to American and European safety standards, it is perfect for the very first steps to encourage endless exploration and independence.
- Anti-scratching wheels
- Offers creative inspiration
- Provides full sensory development
- Meets and exceeds all American and European safety standards
- Encourages confidence and independence
- Removable brake on the wheels included
- Unsafe for children under 12 months
- No sitting option
7. Delta Children – Best Baby Bouncer Walker
The cool-looking Delta Children is an excellent walker for a baby’s first steps. It is focused on promoting children’s development, helping your little one improve motor skills. Made to adapt to a baby’s growth, it easily converts from a rocker to a bouncer, to a stationary activity center, and finally to a walker. The multiple playing ways make it entertains for a long time, allowing you to finish daily errands while your child enjoys.
It is easy to adjust the height into three different positions according to the child’s growth. A detachable seat pad is easy to handle and convenient for machine-washing. Designed to uphold the jumping action and 360° spin, the best walker for babies turns the first steps into adventure!
- Promote children’s development
- 360-degree access
- Supports bouncing, rocking, and walking
- Offers s stationary activity center
- Adjustable heights positions
- Easy to assemble
- Machine-washable seat pad
- Can be uncomfortable if the baby doesn’t reach the floor
- No brakes on the wheels
- Most expensive option on the list
6. Lonion I Baby – Best Walker for Infants to Use as a Feeding Seat
If you need a compact baby walker that is easy to postpone after use, the foldable Lonion I Baby is a perfect choice. Made of high-quality eco-friendly original PP plastic, it is BPA free and withstands temperatures up to 248°F. The high backrest is full-cushioned, bearing durable comfort. Detachable so easy to care, the seat features a breathable and wearable design.
Standing on six large universal wheels, the rounded frame is multidirectional, making the narrow and tight turns are not a problem. The upgraded dual brake system allows using it as a feeding seat, so you get a multifunctional baby assistant. When your baby doesn’t use it, fold it and store it for more playing room on the floor.
- Compact and foldable design
- Made of high-quality eco-friendly materials
- High backrest
- Full-cushioned, comfortable seat pad
- Multidirectional, rounded frame
- Upgraded dual brake system
- Adjustable height positions
- Aluminum alloy legs maximum load up to 20kg
- No activity center included
5. Joovy Spoon – Best Baby Walker for Carpet
If you are looking for the baby walker that works on the carpets, the Joovy Spoon got you covered. An extra-wide footprint keeps your baby secure while spinning by preventing smashed fingers. Made to meet the baby’s daily needs, it features a machine-washable super-sized tray and seat pad.
Elevated with rubber stoppers, the non-slip frame and wheels save a toddler from going over a step. The adjustable height positions make this walking aid grows with your child. It has been tested and gains a JMPA certificate, which guarantees it brings safety to your little one. When it comes to having a meal, the baby can eat at it, and you can clean it quickly – without mess and fuss. Designed to fold down for storage, it is travel-friendly, making it perfect for baby’s journeys.
- Works on the carpets
- Extra-wide footprint
- Machine-washable tray and seat pad
- Included rubber stoppers
- Adjustable height positions
- JPMA certified
- No brakes included
- No toys center included
4. Kolcraft Tiny Steps – Best Walker for Baby Learning to Walk
When its back becomes more robust, the baby enjoys being upright while exploring the world. The Kolcraft tiny steps is an excellent option for an early sitting stage. The high foam seat delivers maximum comfort for both boys and girls, providing additional support.
Bearing a 2-in-1 convertible design quickly transforms from a seated activity walker to a baby push walker. Independent front swivel wheels offer easy maneuvering, while the skid-resistant friction pads on base deliver more safety. An interesting activity center improves the children’s curiosity, keeping it entertained while stimulating their minds.
If you need the model compact enough for your trips away from home, it fits great. Featuring folded dimensions 30 x 24.3 x 8 inches, it is easy to store in the car trunk and free you from baby lifting outside. The built-in cup holder fits excellent with the baby bottle. When it gets dirty, detach the machine-washable seat pad for a quick clean.
- High foam seat for maximum comfort
- Bears additional support
- 2-in-1 convertible design
- Independent front swivel wheels
- Skid-resistant friction pads
- Easy to maneuver
- Height adjustable seat
- Includes a cup holder
- Includes exciting toys and activities
- No brakes on the wheels
3. Vtech Sit to Stand Learning Walker – Best Cheap Walker for Babies
Vtech learning walker will bring fun to your child for a long time. If your baby has started to notice surrounding phenomena, a detachable activity panel will steal its attention. Discovering colors, music, animals, shapes and numbers will stimulate the imagination and support the learning process. When the baby gets ready to walk, it converts into a playful push walking assistant.
The wheels work excellent on carpets and hard floors. If you are looking for the model that will keep your little one safe and entertained, check out this one. The interactive Vtech baby walker will provide an extended time for learning fun.
- Encourages musical creativity
- Features interactive removable activity panel
- Improves motor skills development
- Works on carpeted and hard floors
- Pretends telephone handset for role-play fun
- Offers learning while moving along
- The locks on the wheels can be useless on smooth surfaces
- Requires an adult’s monitoring
2. Labebe – Best Outside Baby Walker
If you are seeking walk-around baby walkers, stop at the beautiful wooden Labebe. Sturdy and hard to crush, it is the perfect outdoor walking aid. The stable structure encourages balance development while having fun around. Enhanced with a unique helicopter design, it will make that little face happy.
This sit and stand walker makes your toddler play independently. When it sits on the floor, it is entertained with the simple built-in activity panel. When it stands up, it transports its toys from here to there into the big toy chest. As your little one grows, put the books or toys to make a load and adjust the weight according to the baby’s development and needs. The wheel blocks prevent sudden falls, making babies love walking on their own.
- Anti-fallen wheels
- Possibility to adjust the weight according to the baby’s development
- Easy to maneuver
- Offers weight control
- 2-in-1 walker and toy storage
- Sturdy and easy to assemble
- Excellent for taking outside
- Certified safe material
- Too light for older toddlers without the added burden
1. Bright Starts – Best Rated Baby Walker
The versatile Bright starts takes first place on the list of top baby walkers. It comes in three variations depending on the child’s age and development, making it durable and a major steal for your budget. When it comes to the very first steps, it would be best to use it as a sit-in walker. When the baby gets older, adjust the realistic Ford design, pretending your baby cruises all around in a Ford Mustang. Finally, it converts into a standing scooter for children ready to roll faster.
Loaded with many features, it is suitable for a more extended age range than most competition. It stands out in the crowd for its possibility to entertain two at once: one can use it as a standard walker, while the other can push the car walker. A fantastic play station features authentic Ford Mustang lights and sounds. Loaded with rubber stoppers on the frame, it brings safety and reduces the cruising speed.
The removable steering wheel activity panel is perfect for having fun on the floor or on-the-go. It makes every seat becomes a driving seat. Before you blink, your 6 months little one becomes a driving teen!
- Three modes of play
- Keep entertained two at once
- Safety elevated with rubber stoppers
- Removable steering wheel play station
- Adjustable height levels
- Machine-washable cushioned seat pad
- Easy to clean by wiping
- Unique Ford Mustang design
- No explicit brakes on the wheels included
How Do I Know My Baby Is Ready for It?
When your baby is ready to hold its head up and its feet can hold the body weight, you can consider buying a walking assistant. It varies from baby to baby. Some are ready at four months, while others are not until eight months.
Our recommendation is to consult your doctor before you put your baby to walk. If it is not ready for walking, consider the baby walker that features an activity panel to improve its development and stimulate the imagination. Your baby will be entertained, and you will be able to execute daily errands.
Different Types of Baby Walkers
- Convertible walker: It is a sit-in walker that can be transformed into a sit-to-stand solution when the child gets older. They save parents money because they gain a model with various purposes that grows as the baby grows.
- Seated walker: It supports the children sitting on their own and raising their heads. The plastic or steel frame consists of a footprint so the babies can touch the floor. Seated walkers prepare babies to walk and often include activity stations to keep baby entertained.
- Sit to stand walker: These models efficiently help the toddler to master walking and boost balancing skills. The muscles develop in the sit-to-stand process, and pushing around may be exciting and useful simultaneously.
How to Choose the Best Baby Walker?
- Safety first – The best walk around baby walkers must keep the babies safe when they use it. Consider the models without wheels if your baby is too young to walk. It helps if the walker is wide-based, preventing the children from getting hit by the furniture corners. The wheel locks are excellent options for homes with staircases.
- Manufacturer – Choose the manufacturers you can trust. Their products come with high reliability and often meets the safety standards.
- Built quality – Consider everything fits well, and there is no possibility of your baby breaking anything. Since the walking aids come with activity centers, ensure the things are built-in properly, eliminating the possibility of your baby inserting anything into the mouth.
- Adjustable height – If the baby walker features adjustable height, you can use it in the long run. As you may know, the babies grow up very quickly, and walkers with fixed measurements become uncomfortable very soon.
- Comfort – Always choose a padded seat. It delivers comfort and keeps the little one from irritating.
- Portability – Portable models are foldable and travel-friendly, making it your perfect companion on the journeys with your baby. They are also space-efficient, saving up the room when your child doesn’t use it.
- Functionality – Lightweight options are easier to handle. Your baby will be able to maneuver without the help of the elders.
Every parent faces many doubts regarding his baby’s growth and the things he can do to make things easier. Here are the most frequently asked questions when it comes to the best baby walker. Check out the expert’s answers and remove the doubts you may have.
It depends on many factors. If your little one can independently stand up, consider push walker. It will improve children’s walking skills and boost their sense of balance. Recent research has shown push is the best walker style for encouraging walking independence.
If your baby needs additional support, consider the sit-in baby walker. It will work for your child to strengthen muscles on the back and keep the head upright. When your baby is ready to sit, you can use a sit-in walker as a feeding seat and avoid wasting your money.
It will help your baby to strengthen leg muscles and develop its balance center. Additional support for a little back comes as a treasure on the first days of the baby’s exploring the world on its own legs. A baby walker comes as your replacement in assisting the baby in making the first steps, but it doesn’t mean the monitoring is unnecessary.
Every baby has its own path, which means there are not age or months limits. The vast majority of children will walk on their own before a year and a half, but it doesn’t mean there is a problem with your baby if it is 20 months old and still doesn’t walk. Consult pediatrician to avoid doubts and enjoy the calm before the storm you will experience with your baby on its legs!
Even if you move all the things that would be dangerous for your baby while cruising around the house, there is a danger of injuries. Also, the babies are not old enough to know the stairs are dangerous, so they keep moving and often fall over stairways. There is a danger of falling out of the sit-in walker if you buy a larger model than your little one needs.
Having a walking aid doesn’t mean you don’t have to keep your child on the eye. You have to give it 100% of your attention to avoid the dangerous risks. It would be helpful to consider the models offering the wheel locks and those that meet prescribed safety standards to prevent danger risks.