10 Best Baby Lotions to Nourish, Moisturize & Soothe Gentle Skin
It is widely known that the skin is the largest organ in our body. So, it needs to be treated with care. Especially when we treat our youngest’s skin, their skin is thinner and can lose moisture quickly. When it happens, it can cause redness, irritation, and itchiness. Then we reach for lotions to combat any possible dryness, allergies, or even eczema. Finally, the baby’s skin becomes hydrated, soft, and comfortable.
What is Baby Lotion? When and How to Use it?
- Lotions contain a higher percentage of water than creams and ointments, so they are the most lightweight and absorbed quickly. When applied, lotion forms a protective barrier and locks the moisture inside the skin.
- The best time to use the lotion is after the bathing time when you gently pat the skin dry, then massage it into the baby’s skin. It also makes a great bonding time and a nighttime routine. But remember – excessive bathing will remove natural oils from the baby’s skin and dry it out, so try using a good baby lotion after.
When choosing the right lotion for your baby, keep in mind that some of them may contain harmful substances like parabens, preservatives, sulfates, fragrances, and dyes. These may be rough to the infant’s sensitive skin.
For normal skin, you can use lotions. Suppose you suspect your baby has some skin condition like allergy, sensitive skin, or eczema. In that case, the best thing to do is visit your pediatrician. The doctor will check your baby and give you the best advice on what kind of lotion, cream, or ointment to use.
10 Best Baby Lotions in 2021
This article will provide you the best information about the top 10 baby lotions on the market for the various skin conditions and types.
1. Best Baby Lotion for Newborns – Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion
Although some doctors say newborns do not need a lotion, if your baby’s skin seems irritated, flaky, or dry, you may want to try Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion. It is paraben, phthalate, and phenoxyethanol-free. On the other side, it is composed of 97% plant-based formula containing jojoba, sunflower, sweet almond oil, shea butter, and vitamins E and F. The formula is hypoallergenic, so it is suitable for the sensitive skin of a newborn baby. Moms say it leaves the baby’s skin so smooth and soft with an amazingly delicate smell.
2. Best Organic/Best Natural Baby Lotion – Puracy Organic Baby Lotion
Made of all-natural ingredients, Puracy Organic Baby Lotion provides noticeably softer skin after the first use. It is enriched with organic sunflower oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, and aloe vera for deep skin hydration. It contains no silicones, parabens and is certified cruelty-free. Some parents are satisfied with its mild and calming scent that is not overwhelming.
3. Best Baby Lotion for Dry Skin – California Baby Calendula Everyday Lotion
When it comes to dry skin issues, California Baby Calendula Everyday Lotion is the best choice. This fragrance-free lotion has organic calendula extract and aloe vera leaf juice that minimize dryness and itching quickly because of its thinner structure. It provides almost instant relief without a greasy feeling on the baby’s skin. It is gluten, soy, and dairy-free; it also contains no harsh chemicals, synthetics, parabens, and added artificial fragrances. Some moms even use it on their sensitive facial skin.
Fresh Moms Would Also Like:
- 10 Best Baby Diapers to Keep your Baby Dry and Comfortable During Daytime & Overnight
- 10 Best Baby Formulas to Provide Proper Nutrition and Development of a Healthy Baby
- 15 Best High Chairs for Trouble-Free Feedings
- 10 Best Baby Strollers for Travel, City & Jogging
- 10 Best Baby Bathtubs, Bath Seats and Supports for Comfortable and Safe Bath
- 15 Best Baby Books to Read to Your Little Ones in 2021
- Top 10 Best Baby Swings to Soothe Your Baby & Give Arms Rest
- Top 10 Best Baby Walkers to Keep Your Baby Safe & Entertained
- 10 Amazing Infant Car Seats for Your Lifestyle and Wallet
- 10 Best Organic Baby Formulas for Newborns, Infants & Toddlers
4. Best Lotion for Baby Eczema – CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Lotion
Accepted by the National Eczema Association, CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Lotion is suitable for eczema-prone skin because it does not contain fragrance, paraben, phthalate, and sulfate. It is rich in ingredients that help maintain the delicate skin barrier and attract moisture, like ceramides (oils naturally found in skin), hyaluronic acid (a substance that draws and holds water), and niacinamide (a form of vitamin B3). Many reviews say it helped their babies and toddlers with dry patches and eczema as it clear their skin back to normal.
5. Best Hypoallergenic Baby Lotion – Eucerin Baby Lotion
With pro-vitamin B5 and natural shea butter, Eucerin Baby Lotion is free of any fragrances. It offers rich nourishment, hydration, and protection to the baby’s skin. It is the best choice for allergy-prone skin; it softens and soothes it. The lotion is light, quickly absorbed, and lasts most of the day. Moms and dads use it to give their babies a post-bath massage to ease gas pains. Dermatologists and pediatricians recommend this brand.
6. Best Smelling Baby Lotion – Earth Mama Calming Lavender Baby Lotion
With the combination of calming lavender and sweet vanilla, Earth Mama Calming Lavender Baby Lotion makes your baby smells gorgeous. Together with amazing moisturizing ingredients like organic aloe vera, olive oil, calendula, shea butter, lavender essential oil, and vanilla fruit extract, it will relax your baby and make the bedtime routine the best part of the day. Moms tested the scent and said it is not too strong and does not linger. It only makes you want to kiss your baby even more!
7. Best Baby Lotion for Sensitive Skin – Burt’s Bees Baby Nourishing Lotion
Burt’s Bees Baby Nourishing Lotion is a fragrance-free lotion made of 99% natural ingredients. It quickly absorbs and provides proper hydration of the sensitive skin, made without irritants like parabens, alcohols, artificial fragrances, petrolatum, preservatives, and other harmful substances. It is creamy but not greasy after use; it contains shea butter, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, aloe vera leaf juice, canola oil, grape seed oil, and several other natural ingredients. Many mothers agree that their babies did not have any itching or rashes due to this lotion.
8. Best Baby Face Lotion – The Honest Company Purely Gently Nourishing Face + Body lotion
Baby’s face can be extremely irritated due to cold weather, wind, rubbing their cheeks against blankets, or excessive drooling, so some parents end up with chapped cheeks or drool rash. Some babies can even experience baby acne, too. The Honest Company Purely Gently Nourishing Face + Body Lotion offers a non-greasy feeling on your baby’s face without clogging the pores. The mild and gentle hypoallergenic formula softens and nourishes the face properly. It is gentle enough for everyday use, made without parabens, silicones, dyes, mineral oils, phthalates, and synthetic fragrances. Moms around the world say this lotion is improving their babies’ skin texture. Although you might want to use a thicker formula for a baby’s face like cream or ointment, this is the best babyface lotion on the market.
9. Best Budget Baby Lotion – Johnson’s Head-to-Toe Moisturizing Baby Lotion
This generous pack of Johnson’s Head-to-Toe Moisturizing Baby Lotion will provide you a long-lasting amount of a great baby lotion for a bargain. This mild, pH balanced, and hypoallergenic formula will make your baby’s skin so soft together with a great smell. It spreads very well, almost like a gel, and is effective for the normal skin type that does not require deeper moisturizing. Parents noted it feels very smooth when absorbed.
10. Best Lotion for Toddlers’ Dry Skin – Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion
Baby Magic Gentle Baby Lotion is a creamy, non-greasy formula that absorbs quickly, convenient when you have a wiggling toddler in front of you. It is made sulfate-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, and dye-free, but enriched with vitamins A, E, aloe vera leaf juice, and panthenol to lock the moisture inside the baby’s skin and provide long-lasting suppleness. Mommies say it has an unforgettable smell like a fresh baby.