The 10 Ultimate Multivitamins for Women to Enrich Every Stage of Life
Vitamins are an essential part of every woman’s health, but they are mostly in deficit somehow. Apart from the consumption of certain food, which may increase and impact their development, there is another way of solving this problem – multivitamins for women.
There are various types of multivitamins, they play different roles in our bodies, and they mostly come in forms of tablets, gummies, drops, and capsules. You can find them in every pharmacy, but also online shops and their price is usually affordable.
However, you should consult your doctor or nutritionist before you start taking any multivitamin, especially if you have any dietary restriction, chronic disease, or if you’re already taking pills as a regular therapy.
This article will provide you with examples of today’s best multivitamin for women of all ages and its various types that will help you boost your overall health.
Do Multivitamins Work?
Even the best multivitamin for women won’t be effective if you don’t pay attention to certain things that may reduce its impact.
That said, here are some crucial things that you should have in mind before choosing the multivitamin that is supposed to provide you with minerals and nutrients that may be lacking in your regular diet:
- Healthy food: Healthy and varied diet is an essential part of proper nutrition, and if you want the multivitamin to help you, you should forget about the usual bad habits and start implementing adequate food to your everyday diet.
- Essential vitamins: Make sure you’re consuming multivitamins that contain vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, folic acid, and iron since they are the least present vitamins in women’s bodies.
- Dietary restrictions: If you’re allergic to gluten or something else, make sure you scrutinize the multivitamin ingredients. There are gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian solutions as well, but their price is way higher than the cost of ‘regular’ options.
- Format: If you have a sensitive palate and you’re not a fan of pungent taste, you should go for capsules since they’re practically tasteless. However, if you have a problem with swallowing capsules, you can choose liquid or chewable vitamins (gummies), which usually contain sugar.
- Dosing: A common misconception about dosing is that you can take as many pills as you can. If you are not sure whether you’re having the right amount of vitamins, you should consult your doctor and do a blood test.
What is the Best Multivitamin for Women?
Since there are many types of multivitamins, you should know that they differentiate from each other in terms of ingredients that are aimed at improving the particular issue.
For instance, you may find less calcium and vitamin D in supplements for women over 50, while there will be more iron, which is responsible for transporting oxygen via your bloodstream.
On the other hand, you’ll choose calcium and vitamin C or D supplements in case you need to boost them, which means that you’ll select the multivitamin category based on your needs and preferences.
1. Centrum Silver for Women 50+ – The Best Multivitamin for Women Over 50 ($6.94/65 Count-Pack on Amazon)
Centrum Silver for Women 50+ is an age-adjusted multivitamin that’s specifically aimed at women age 50 or more. It’s convenient for improving the health of the heart, brain, and eyes, and since it contains high levels of vitamin D3, it significantly supports bone strength.
- Take 1 tablet daily, preferably with food
- It is rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B6, B12, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Zinc, and other vital ingredients
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
- Combine it with the diet rich in fruits and vegetables
2. MegaFood Women Over 40 – The Best Multivitamin for Women Over 40 ($21.56/30 Count-Pack on Amazon)
Apart from being convenient for 40+ women, this MegaFood supplement helps improve overall health and wellbeing. It’s rich in iron, which means that it has a positive impact on your energy metabolism and changes associated with normal hormone fluctuations.
- Take 1 tablet any time of the day, even on an empty stomach
- It is rich in vitamins A, C, D3, E, B1, and B2, as well as nourishing food and herb blend
- Made with real food and supplements that come from organic and regenerative sources
- Vegetarian and non-GMO
3. Nature’s Way Alive! Once Daily Women’s 50+ Multivitamin – The Best Multivitamin for Women Over 60 ($12.22/60 Count-Pack on Amazon)
As women become older, they need more B12 and D3 vitamins in order to improve their immunity, mood, and energy, but also to protect their arteries and achieve hormonal balance.
Nature’s Way Alive! contains a high-potency B-vitamin complex that helps convert food into energy, as well as nutrients that support the health of bones, eyes, and urinary tract. It’s generally rich in vital elements that improve the health and body performance of women that are over 60, and they’re quite affordable.
- Take 1 tablet daily, preferably with food
- It is rich in vitamins A, C, D3, B12, as well as in orchard fruits and garden veggies. It also includes Ginkgo biloba extract, which impacts memory and mental performance.
- It’s food-based
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
4. NutriGold Krill Oil Gold – The Best Multivitamin for Women over 30 ($43.10 on Amazon)
When it comes to the best supplements for women over 30, it’s essential to include vitamin B, D, iron, magnesium, omega- 3 fatty acids, calcium, probiotics, and prenatal, if you plan on getting pregnant soon.
A bottle of NutriGold Krill Oil Gold contains 120 liquid capliques, which are beneficial for heart, joints, and brain health. It’s described as Omega-3 supplement, and it’s recommended to use it as a regular food supplement – omega-3 fatty acids will protect any cardiovascular, cognitive, eye, and skin damage that might have severe consequences in the future.
- Take 2 capliques daily, preferably with food
- It’s rich in krill oil, phospholipids, and other essential Omega-3s that impact your overall health
- Gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO
5. Deva Nutrition Vegan Vitamins – The Best Vegan Women’s Multivitamin
Since a vegan diet lacks some vital vitamins found in animal-derived food, vegans are recommended to take the supplements that contain vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, Omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc.
For example, Vegan Vitamins by Deva Nutrition contain all thments vital for those who don’t eat animal-derived food, and since the product is registered with the Vegan Society, you can be entirely sure that you’re taking proven supplementation.
- Take 1 tablet daily, preferably with food
- It’s rich in vitamin A, B12, zinc, calcium, iron, and other vital components
- 100% vegan and vegetarian
- Gluten-free, non-GMO
6. Vitafusion Women’s Gummy Vitamins – ($9.88 on Amazon)
If you are a fan of gummy bears, you’ll love gummy multivitamins for women that bring a lot of health benefits.
Vitafusion is a complete supplement that contains antioxidant vitamins C and E, which are specially formulated to support certain specific health needs of women. It’s also quite convenient for those who find it difficult to swallow pills.
- Take 2 gummies daily and chew thoroughly before swallowing
- It’s rich in vitamin A, C, D, E, B6, B12, calcium, zinc, and other vital elements
- Contains sugar
- Contains allergens, such as tree nuts
7. Solgar Advanced MSM Formula – The Best Women’s Multivitamin for Skin, Nails, and Hair ($10.58/60 Count-Pack on Amazon)
Many women are facing issues when it comes to hair, skin, and nails, and the products that could solve such problems are usually too expensive.
The vitamins for women that can help to improve the quality of the mentioned body parts mostly contain antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, and E, as well as a B-complex vitamin, which is essential for healthy hair, nails, and skin.
The advanced formula developed by Solgar is specifically designed to help support collagen in the body since it’s the element that is a significant component of skin, hair, and nails, and it can potentially decrease within the body as we age.
- Take 2 tablets daily, preferably with food
- It’s rich in vitamin C, zinc, methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), and other vital components
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan-friendly
8. Intramax 2.0 – ($92.00 on Amazon)
If you’re looking for a 100% organic multivitamin for women, check out Drucker Labs’ Intramax 2.0, which is a natural liquid trace mineral and multi-nutritional dietary supplement.
It contains over 415 vital ingredients such as vitamins, antioxidants, fibers, Omega-3 fatty acids, probiotics, herbs, proteins, and many more elements essential for women’s health. It supports the immune system, boosts energy, and impacts your mental clarity, which makes it one of the best vitamins for women of all ages.
- Take 1 capful or 2 tablespoons of the liquid per day, six days per week
- It’s rich in natural and organic minerals that provide comprehensive nutrition
- It’s carbon-bond, organic, and plant-sourced supplement that brings balance to your body
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, free of harmful chemicals and hypoallergenic
9. NATURELO Whole Food Multivitamin – ($44.95/120 Count-Pack on Amazon)
If you want to enjoy natural and organic supplementation, but you find the previous solution too expensive, we suggest you take a look at NATURELO’s Whole Food Multivitamin for Women, which is made of completely natural elements that are suitable for both women under and over 50.
There are 24 whole foods in this multivitamin, including acerola cherry, cranberry, broccoli, ginkgo Biloba, turmeric, and others. It’s one of the best women’s health supplements since it enhances immunity, boosts metabolism and energy, improves heart, brain, and eye health, and it significantly reduces stress and inflammation.
- Take 4 capsules daily – for the best results, take 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner. If you have problems with swallowing pills, you can open the capsules and add the powder to your food or drink.
- It’s rich in natural vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K, provided by organic fruits and vegetables
- In rare cases, you may face side effects such as nausea, dizziness, and lethargy
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, no soy, vegan and vegetarian-friendly
10. One a Day Women’s Petites – The Best Multivitamin for Women in 20s ($6.09 on Amazon)
One a Day Women’s Petites could be the best multivitamin for young women in general because it contains key nutrients that provide support for 6 vital body functions – bones, heart, immune system, skin, muscles, and energy metabolism.
The improved formula comes with no artificial colors and sweeteners, which is why this vitamin is recommended for all the women who are 18 or older.
- Take two tablets daily, preferably with food
- It’s rich in vitamins A, C, E, B6, B12, D, and other vital elements such as calcium, iron, folic acid, selenium, and copper, which are essential for growth and development
- Free of gluten, wheat, and artificial flavors
Instead of Conclusion – Warnings and Potential Side-Effects of Multivitamins for Women
Although they’re considered harmless, multivitamins aren’t always recommended.
You should consult your doctor before start taking any multivitamin, especially during pregnancy, breastfeeding, dietary restrictions, or if you suffer from any chronic disease.
As you could see, some vitamins come with allergens, which can be highly dangerous for people who’re prone to allergic reactions, especially to gluten, nuts, or soy.
It’s essential to avoid multivitamin that contains potassium, as well as mineral supplements if you’re on a low-salt diet, and not to take calcium supplements with milk and other food that contains it since calcium can make it harder for your body to absorb specific ingredients of the multivitamin.
Common side-effects of multivitamins may include upset stomach, headache, and unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth. That’s usually not concerning, but if you start feeling bad or you notice signs of an allergic reaction, get emergency medical help as soon as possible.